Location: Birmingham, Alabama (onsite role)
altLINE is the invoice factoring division of The Southern Bank Company. Launched in 2011 and headquartered in Birmingham, altLINE is committed to providing small and midsized businesses a bank-backed factoring solution that prioritizes transparency, dependability, and customer service.
Having established a strong reputation in general industry verticals like staffing, manufacturing, professional services, etc., altLINE is building a dedicated transportation factoring platform geared towards carriers with 1 – 50 trucks.
We’re looking for a freight factoring leader to chart the course.
The ideal candidate will have significant transportation factoring experience with deep knowledge in Operations and Account Management functions. Broader experience in debtor and client credit decision-making is also preferred.
As the VP/SVP, altLINE Freight you will be…
A member of the division’s leadership team with day-to-day access to the bank’s President. You will be asked to develop and grow a freight factoring platform that complements the existing general factoring offering.
On day 1, you will be:
- Collaborating with bank leadership to modify existing factoring policies and procedures to appropriately serve the freight carrier segment
- Working with existing and new technology vendors to ensure altLINE Freight’s “tech stack” meets customer and market expectations
- Developing altLINE Freight’s initial credit box for clients and debtors
- Partnering with the sales and marketing function to efficiently underwrite and fund new business
- Leading credit committee for all altLINE Freight business
- Recruiting, hiring, and managing a lean operations team to support early growth
- Leading from the front by assisting in verifications, fundings, collections, cash posting, etc.
- Scaling a best-in-class transportation factoring platform
You could be our new VP/SVP, altLINE Freight if…
- You have a minimum of five years of transportation factoring experience ideally in Operations, Credit, Account Management roles
- You have deep transportation industry knowledge
- You’re comfortable managing from the front and owning day-to-day operational tasks to bootstrap the business
- You have experience developing systems and processes
Final role, responsibilities, and compensation will be commensurate with experience.
If this sounds like you or someone you know, let us know!
Email us at email@example.com.